Internship Project: Summer 2018
During my second summer at this company I noticed how their data was stored in Excel files in either an online file-sharing platform or a netowrk drive, and saw that they data contained in those files were lacking integrity. This led me and one other coworker to highly recommend standardizing their data and storing it on a relational database. I researched on my own about database structure and SQL to build a strong case as to why they should be taking the route of databases as oposed individual files. Delierables included a presentation of the proposal and a demonstration of a sample database I had set up.
Internship Project: Summer 2017
My first summer at this company was mainly spent automating various processes. This was mainly done through Visual Basic in Excel. The goal of the program was to download pdfs from their online storage location, convert the into excel files, and read all of the necessary information to consolidate on a master file. This saved several employees countless hours of manually searching multiple source folders, converting the PDFs, and entering that data onto the master file.
(Course Name: Computer Aided Desgn) The goal of this project was to collaborate in a team to create and prototype a product that solves a common problem facing the public. We designed an easy-to-use clothing iron that was attached to an ironing board which would be ideal for tight spaces or frequent travelers. The shape was similar to that of a triangular panini press. The deliverables included: 3D CAD models, engineering drawings, and a cost analysis of materials and manufacturing processes that would be used to mass produce this product.
(Course Name: Introductory Dynamics) The project for this course was to apply all of the dynamics principles and theory to be able to accurately predict and model the path of a projectile, which in this case was a ping pong ball. The goal was to create experiments to test the aerodynamic properties of the ball, use that to create a simulation, and design a launcher that was accurately adhere to that simulation. Our design was a simple, yet effective design that used wood for the frame and railings, threaded rods to adjust the angle of launch, and a plunger and spring to provide the force similar to how a pinball machine works. The deliverables included: a written report of the experiment and simulation, excel file containing the experimental data, and a prototype of the launcher itself.